October 18, 2009

It Can't Last Forever . . .

Year: One
Season: Summer
Day: Three

There was nothing special today except for one piece of important news . . . a Fertilized Egg! I placed it in the Incubator and hope to have a baby Chick within a week or so. I’m so glad that I saved some money to buy Nanao and Jing, hopefully the eggs I receive will help me stay in the “black”.

Year: One
Season: Summer
Day: Seven

Life on the farm has been going well. I harvested my first Turnips two days ago and was able to make a good amount of money from them. The Melons and Tomatoes are doing well also and I hope to harvest them in a couple of days. I ordered a Brown Bull from the city and Takakura went to pick him up. I named him Ryutaro and placed him next to Koharu in the barn. Ryutaro and Koharu seem to get along fine but Miel wasn’t happy about the new addition. Maybe she feels outnumbered; hopefully I’ll be able to buy another Cow soon so she won’t feel so alone.

Celia stopped by for a visit. She likes Miel and I think Koharu has fallen in love with her. I have to remind him that he’s my horse to keep him from following her home. Celia and I walked up to the North Pond, there she told me that Vesta wanted her to have an arranged marriage. I was surprised by the news and could tell that it troubled Celia. I tried to console her and she thanked me for the effort. As we said our goodbyes and I walked back down to the farm, I couldn’t help but think about what Celia had said. I could understand that Vesta wanted her to be taken care of but an arranged marriage seems like a tradition from the last century.


Year: One
Season: Summer
Day: Ten

I harvested the last of the Tomatoes a couple days ago and have been preparing for the Fall season. It looks like it’s going to be a rough one considering all the bad weather we have had lately. It’s been raining non-stop for that last few days and I feel bad about having to coop Miel and the others in the barn for so long. I’m worried about the new crops I’m going to be planting as well. Yams and Carrots are the crops I chose and I’m hoping the rain won’t drown them. The rain has also affected the grass in the fields and I have become low on Fodder for all the animals. I’m sure, once the rain stops for a few days, the grass will start growing again and I’ll be able to cut it soon.