October 28, 2009

Disaster Strikes . . .

Year: One

Season: Fall

Day: One


It’s still raining, but not as heavily as before. I was able to get all of my crops planted quickly, just in time to see the incubated egg hatch! It was a bright yellow Chick that I named Kanade. She’s so cute and fluffy! It will take a week or so before she is fully grown and begins laying eggs. I think I have found a great way to create some revenue with these chickens, something that I definitely need right now.


Year: One

Season: Fall

Day: Six


It’s been raining non-stop since the Eighth Day of Summer. The last few days have been the worse with a major storm moving in on the valley. All this rain has completely stunted the growth of all the grass in the field and now I truly have a Fodder crisis. With Miel, Ryutaro, and Koharu – they all eat around five bales of Fodder a day and right now I only have enough Fodder to last me until the end of the season. If this rain doesn’t stop soon, I’m going to be in big trouble. Luckily, there was a little bit of good news, Kanade is now a beautiful, fully grown Chicken and I incubated another Fertilized Egg a few days ago, which should be hatching any day now.


Year: One

Season: Fall

Day: Seven


The egg hatched and it was another female! I named her Mitsuki and she seems to get along with well with Nanao, Jing, and Kanade. I also harvested my first Yams of the season as well as planted Strawberry Seeds for the first time. Unfortunately, it wasn’t all good news today; I had to tap into my savings to buy some Good Fodder because the rain has still not stopped. 250g each! Considering I only make around 800g a day, it’s going to be difficult to keep up with the Fodder demand.


Year: One

Season: Fall

Day: Eight


A huge typhoon has just hit the valley and has caused the river to rise considerably. I’m worried about flooding but Vesta has reassured me by saying that the river usually only breaks its banks farther towards the beach. Still, I can’t help but worry about this storm. Van was brave enough to make the trek from town to Forget-Me-Not Valley. I was surprised to see his shop set up in the middle of all this rain, wind, and lightning. He simply laughed and told me confidently that he has never once not made the trip over the mountain. I admire his courage and hope to draw upon it as we move towards Winter. I did have a productive day at Van’s Shop. I was able to sell a lot of the fish I had been catching, including a Huge Colombo and Huge Nyameme. All in all, I earned 3000g from my sales to Van. I’m hoping this money will go a long way towards keeping Miel and the others fed.