December 2, 2010

My Heart (Ted, Ted, Ted)

After the news that Insomniac Games was going multiplatform, I had a conversation with a friend of mine about my initial reaction of "How could you cheat on me like this Ted?!" After all, I've been a long time fan of not only Insomniac but Ted Price as well. While I learned to cope with the news, it still bothered me so I channeled that emotion into a letter to Ted Price (though I'll never send it). Of course, being me, I ended up turning a simple letter into a jingle with music and everything. Here are the lyrics to my latest song -

My Heart (Ted, Ted, Ted)


Dear Ted Price,

Ted, Ted, Ted
I’ve loved you ever since I read
Your interview in OPM
Back when I was just ten

You were my first big crush
I ran out and bought your game in a rush
Little thing called Spyro the Dragon
Was filled with so much fun

I love you with all of my heart
I don’t even know where to start
Telling you how I feel
You’re so cute and you’re so smart

Ted, Ted, Ted
I could’ve picked Jason [Rubin] but chose you instead
Didn’t even have to think twice
You’re so cool and you’re so nice

I love your dark wavy hair
I can’t help but stare
At your dreamy smile
And your sharp sense of style

I’m an Insomniac in my heart
I stay up late and play in the dark
I can’t help but reel
At the awesomeness that’s Captain Quark

Ted, Ted, Ted
On May 25th [2010] I got out of bed
Ready to start the day
Enjoying your games, the games I play

But my world came crashing down
I let out a scream as I fell to the ground
I couldn’t believe the news
I had been cheated on by you

You took a Tesla Claw and ripped out my heart
Your Agents of Doom tore it apart
All because of that deal
With Electronic Arts

Ted, Ted, Ted
I can’t get this through my head
You’re making a brand new game
For that RROD dame

But I’ll forgive you anyway
After all, what can I say?
I understand your plan
Just remember I’m your biggest fan

Don’t use a R.Y.N.O. to nuke my heart
Don’t let Mr. Zurkon blast it apart
Just give me some time to heal
Your cheating ways has left its mark

Ted, Ted, Ted
There’s no reason for us to dread
Our Co-op journey’s just begun
Soon we’ll be singing All 4 One

We’re gonna stop the Chimera Invasion
On the one and only PlayStation
So make a sequel to Disruptor
Then we’ll live happily ever after

With love, signed madtyger